I currently teach two semester long courses to Masters students: Education, Skills, and Development (EDUC 7131) and Knowledge and Work (EDUC 7133). I developed these courses as part of a new cutting edge interdisciplinary teaching package on Education and Work that I developed. Previously I taught Research Design to the M.Ed students. For all three courses, I have been responsible for designing the course, putting the course pack together, selecting readings, and presenting the course.
I also supervise post-graduate students, as listed below.
- Mary Madileng. PhD: Understanding the Intended and Enacted National
- Certificate Vocational English Curriculum. Completed 2017.
- Nadia Trout. Masters Research Report: Improving the quality assurance of occupational qualifications. Completed 2015.
- Naomi Alphonsus. Masters Research Report: Skills forecasting in the Department of Higher Education and Training. Completed 2016
- Nompumelelo Melaphi. Masters Research Report: SGBs and Decentralization of Service Delivery. Completed 2016.
- Palesa Molebatsi. Masters Research Report: Technology Stations and support to small businesses. Completed 2016.
Students in progress
- Miriam Di Paola. PhD: Nursing curricula and workplace knowledge. Fieldwork stage.
- Palesa Molebatsi. PhD: How are the Outcomes of Tertiary Education towards Development Goals measured in South Africa: A Case Study of the Monitoring and Evaluation approach in the South African Government. Fieldwork stage.
- Naomi Alphonsus. PhD: Occupational Classification Systems: A study investigating the links/relationships between definitions of occupations, occupational qualifications, curriculum and labour markets. Proposal stage.
- Mthobisi Ndaba. PhD. Academics’ Role in Serving the Public Good, a Comparative Case Study of Two South African Universities. Proposal stage.
- Lerato Posholi 381753. The role of knowledge in curriculum. Proposal stage.
- Cecilia Selepe. PhD. Higher education and the public good. Proposal stage.
- Glynnis Vergotine, PhD: Oral Health Professions in Transition: Boundary Contestations and Curricula in South Africa. Proposal stage.
- Melissa Erra. Masters Research Report: A Critical Analysis of South Africa’s Chemical Sectors’ Focus on Occupations for Skills Planning. Field work stage.
- Vijayen Naidoo. Masters Research Report: Mapping the Relationship between Occupational Qualifications and Occupational Regulations: a study of qualifications in two sectors. Fieldwork stage.
- Darryn von Maltitz. Masters Research Report: Learner experiences in apprenticeships. Fieldwork stage.